This Monitoring & Evaluation Guidebook is a companion for the Primer Series on ICTD for Youth. The Guidebook’s ultimate goal is to ensure that the target youth participants acquire the competencies to use information and communication technology (ICT) for achieving sustainable development goals.
The Guidebook’s framework is based on the APCICT Monitoring & Evaluation Toolkit developed for the Academy of ICT Essentials for Government Leaders Programme, which will be used as reference guide for basic principles and tips on M&E and the M&E system. Hence, the two documents may be used together.
The Guidebook is not written to monitor and evaluate the different kinds of ICT for development (ICTD) projects. The Guidebook content and format is only suited for the Primer Series, and intended for the use of partners as they implement the Primer Series in their respective contexts.
The Guidebook will enable the Primer Series implementing partners to determine the extent to which the youth participants have attained the learning objectives and project outcomes. More specifically, this book will guide the Primer Series implementers to:
- Concretely translate the learning outcomes and objectives into measurable changes in knowledge, skills and motivations
- Define concrete measures to determine level of project accomplishment
- Adopt and innovate monitoring and evaluation (M&E) tools to measure and analyse performance of the project and its participants
- Determine the M&E schedule and mechanisms
- Report the results of the M&E based on stakeholder’s profile