For more information on the responsibilities and eligibility for this internship position, please visit the UN Careers portal.
The Asian and Pacific Training Centre for Information and Communication Technology for Development (APCICT/ESCAP) internship is for a minimum period of 2 months with an opportunity for extension up to 6 months, depending on the needs of the department.
Responsibilities will depend on the individual’s background as well as the internship period. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Assist in drafting and preparing official documents.
• Attend and summarize conferences and meetings, including Expert Group meetings and workshops.
• Support organization of meetings and conferences.
• Assist data collection of ICT trends and policies.
• Conduct research and provide analysis on relevant issues.
• Assist in drafting and preparing background documents, reports, issue briefs, talking points, articles, presentations etc.
• Monitor regional and global news sources for articles and stories relevant to ICT for development.
• Support implementation of projects.
• Assist in maintaining databases.
• Perform additional duties as may be required.
No working experience is required to apply for the United Nations Internship Programme. Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. Fluency in spoken and written English is required for the internship.
Potential candidates will be contacted by the hiring manager directly for further consideration.
“In the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, applicants may be requested to undertake the internship remotely in view of constraints regarding visa issuance, international travel and access to UN premises. Applicants must be willing and prepared to undertake the internship remotely for a part or the entirety of the internship.”