The United Nations Asian and Pacific Training Centre for Information and Communication Technology for Development (UN-APCICT/ESCAP) is compiling a case study collection on different aspects and issues of information and communication technology for development (ICT4D) in the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) and Russian-speaking countries.
These case studies on ICT4D aim to share knowledge, practical experiences and best practices gained from ICT4D projects in CIS and Russian-speaking countries. By making these experiences more accessible, the collection will be a useful reference for ICT4D policymakers and project managers in the sub-region.
The case studies will be utilized by APCICT and its national and sub-regional partners during Academy workshops and will be integrated into the curriculum as needed in order to localize training content. The case studies will focus on the local issues related to one or more of the modules covered in APCICT’s flagship programme, the “Academy of ICT Essentials for Government Leaders” (Academy). These modules include:
- Module 1: The Linkage between ICT Applications and Meaningful Development
- Module 2: ICT for Development Policy, Process and Governance
- Module 3: e-Government Applications
- Module 4: ICT Trends for Government Leaders
- Module 5: Internet Governance
- Module 6: Network and Information Security and Privacy
- Module 7: ICT Project Management in Theory and Practice
- Module 8: Options for Funding ICT for Development
APCICT is pleased to invite project managers, development practitioners, policymakers and researchers from, or working in CIS and Russian-speaking countries to submit case studies on these topics. Case study submissions should be coordinated through Ms. L. Ariunaa at email@example.com.
Important dates to note include:
- 22 March, Case Study application deadline
- 31 March, Case Study consultation
- 19 April, Deadline for Case Study submission
Selected case studies will be posted on the APCICT e-Co Hub. Furthermore, some selected case study authors may be invited to present their case studies at an APCICT-organized, or sponsored event. Selected invitees will have the cost of travel covered by APCICT.
For more information please contact:
Ms. L. Ariunaa
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org