TITLE: Programme Management Intern
DEADLINE OF APPLICATION: June 30, 2020
DUTY STATION: Incheon (Songdo)
Responsibilities will depend on the individual’s background as well as the internship period. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in drafting and preparing official documents.
- Attend and summarize conferences and meetings, including Expert Group meetings and workshops.
- Support organization of meetings and conferences.
- Assist data collection of ICT trends and policies.
- Conduct research and provide analysis on relevant issues.
- Assist in drafting and preparing background documents, reports, issue briefs, talking points, articles, presentations etc.
- Monitor regional and global news sources for articles and stories relevant to ICT for development.
- Support implementation of projects.
- Assist in maintaining databases.
- Perform additional duties as may be required.
Applicants to the United Nations internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or
- have graduated with a university degree (first university degree, or second university degree or equivalent, or higher) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation.
For this internship, it is expected that applicants possess the following:
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively
- Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately
- Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication
- Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience
- Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals
- Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others
- Places team agenda before personal agenda
- Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position
- Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings
- Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients ” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view
- Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect
- Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions
- Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems
- Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects
- Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. Fluency in spoken and written English is required for the internship.
About the internship
The Asian and Pacific Training Centre for Information and Communication Technology for Development (APCICT/ESCAP) internship is for 2 months with an opportunity for extension up to 6 months, pending on the needs of the department. Interns work five days per week (37.5 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned. The internship is UNPAID and full-time.
For the complete details of the requirements and on how to apply for this position, you may visit the posting at https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=130035&Lang=en-US