The “Academy of ICT Essentials for Government Leaders Programme” (Academy) is APCICT’s flagship initiative to equip government officials and policymakers with the essential knowledge and skills to leverage ICT for national and regional socio-economic development. Launched in 2008, the Academy’s comprehensive curriculum was developed in partnership with ICT experts from countries throughout the world. Currently, 11 Academy modules are available in 16 languages, with new training modules and more translations underway to meet the ICT capacity needs of ESCAP member and associate-member States.
In order to provide government officials and other development stakeholders with the most comprehensive ICT for development (ICTD) training, the Academy covers an extensive range of ICT related topics. Whether providing a basic understanding of the linkage between ICT and development, or specific technical principles of ICT applications, each training module works through its designated subject matter in a pedagogical manner to provide a sound and practical understanding of ICT within a variety of development contexts.
The Academy modules are published under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License and are available for free download below.
- An Overview of ICTs and Sustainable Development PDF Version [4.3MB]
- ICT for Development Policy, Process and Governance PDF Version [3.5MB]
- e-Government Applications PDF Version [5.1MB]
- ICT Project Management in Theory and Practice PDF Version [2.9MB]
- Options for Funding ICT for Development PDF Version [5.5MB]
- Social Media for Development PDF Version [2.1MB]
- ICT, Climate Change and Green Growth PDF Version [5.0MB]
- ICT for Disaster Risk Management PDF Version [2.0MB]
- M&E Toolkit - Monitoring and Evaluation Toolkit PDF Version [2.9MB]