Posting Title: Information Systems Assistant (G4, Temporary Job Opening)
Department/ Office: Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific
Duty Station: INCHEON CITY
Posting Period: 9 September-15 September 2019
Result of Service
APCICT is seeking an Information Systems Assistant (G4, Temporary Job Opening) to contribute to its training, research and knowledge sharing, and advisory services work.
Under the direct supervision of the Centre’s Programme Officer, and overall supervision of the Director of APCICT, the incumbent is required to perform the following functions:
- Acts as focal point for receipt and processing of user requests.
- Provides technical support on relevant hardware and software systems applications as required to internal and external clients, as well as prepares related technical / operational manuals.
- Provides technical assistance in developing and upgrading e-learning contents by using relevant delivery technologies, such as interactive motion contents, videos, text-based documents, etc.
- Assists the operation of the APCICT Virtual Academy, the Centre’s distance learning platform (https://e-learning.unapcict.org/), including but not limited to its regular maintenance, customization, localization, responding to user queries, and further enhancement, as necessary.
- Assists the technical maintenance and operation of APCICT’s main website (http://www.unapcict.org), including but not limited to its troubleshooting, design upgrades, and further enhancement, as necessary.
- Maintains and enhances LMS (Learning Management Platform) as necessary in collaboration with OICT (Office of Information and Communication Technology)
- Conducts needs assessments and prepares technical specifications for the procurement and installation of new hardware and software.
- Assists in the preparation of presentation materials using appropriate technology/software.
- Conducts research on new technologies as requested; keeps abreast of developments in the field; assists in testing and evaluating new products and technologies.
- Prepares various written outputs, e.g. reports, analysis, and other inputs, upon request of the programme officers and other supervisors
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Outputs will be generated via a series of e-mails, phone calls, and face-to-face meetings and submitted via electronic submission
The consultant will be stationed in APCICT in Incheon and is expected to submit the outputs in accordance with the list of deliverable indicated in above outputs.
Duties and Responsibilities
The mandate of the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) is to promote sustainable and inclusive development and regional connectivity in the Asian and Pacific region. ESCAP's role as a regional development arm of the United Nations Secretariat is to support its membership with policy oriented research and analysis, normative support and technical assistance and capacity building, to respond to the development priorities and changing needs of the Asian and Pacific region. The Asian and Pacific Training Centre for Information and Communications Technology (APCICT) was inaugurated on 16 June 2006 as a regional institute of the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), and is located in Incheon, Republic of Korea. The Centre's mission is to strengthen the efforts of the member countries of ESCAP to use ICT in their sustainable development through human and institutional capacity building. To meet this objective, APCICT's work is focused on three inter-related pillars – Training, Research and Advisory Services. Together they form an integrated approach to ICT human capacity building.
Academic Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent is required. Relevant first-level university degree in combination with one year of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of three years of the required experience.
Experience: A minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience in information management, web publishing, content editing archives, electronic record management, administration or related area is required. Experience working in the field of ICT for Development would be an asset.
Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.