APCICT is offering a 2-6 month internship to graduate and postgraduate students. The Internship Programme aims to enhance students’ knowledge on the application of information and communications technology (ICT) in socio-economic development. The programme will enhance the intern educational experience through research and/or practical work.
APCICT hopes that the internship programme represents a starting point for interns’ involvement in ICT4D. The internship programme is intended to introduce avenues for the acquisition of ICT4D knowledge, opportunities for learning and networks for knowledge sharing. Interns can build on this experience and contribute to the advancement of ICT4D, and create innovations toward meeting national development goals.
The internship programme is open to students with specialization in an area which directly relates to APCICT’s substantive work programme.
To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Programme, applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
1) be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
2) be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or
3) have graduated with a university degree (first university degree, or second university degree or equivalent, or higher) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation.
English and French are the working language of the United Nations Secretariat. Fluency in English (both oral and written) is required for the Internship Programme.
- The internship should not exceed six months, with a minimum period of two months.
- The intern will not be paid by APCICT and, will not be considered a staff member. Hence, he/she will not be entitled to the privileges and immunities accorded to staff members of APCICT.
- All expenses connected with the internship, such as travel costs to and from the duty station, travel arrangements and living accommodation, are the responsibility of the intern or the sponsoring institution.
- The intern is responsible for obtaining any necessary visas.
- APCICT will not accept any responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness incurred during an internship and the intern, therefore, must ensure that they have appropriate medical and life insurance coverage for the entire period of the internship.
- There is no expectancy of employment at the end of the internship and the intern is not entitled to apply for a regular position at the Professional or higher level with the United Nations during the period of the internship and for six months immediately following the expiration date thereof.
- The intern undertakes to conduct himself/herself at all times in a manner compatible with his/her responsibilities as a participant in a United Nations internship programme.
- The intern must keep confidential any and all unpublished information made known during the course of the internship and not publish any reports or paper on the basis of information obtained except with the authorization of APCICT.
- The intern will provide written notice in case of illness or other unavoidable circumstances which might prevent him/her from fulfilling the internship.
Period of Application
The Internship programme is open all year round. The internship will be for a period of 2 to 6 months.
How to apply
Interested graduate students who meet the Eligibility Criteria should submit their application through an online system: Careers portal, after reading the Job Openings of the Internship Programme. Please note the varied deadlines for submitting applications as indicated in each internship announcement, which is generally one and a half months prior to the start of the Programme. For more information see Frequently asked questions.
Economic Affairs (General Intern)
Posting Title: INTERN - ECONOMIC AFFAIRS, I (Temporary Job Opening)
Department/ Office: Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific
Duty Station: INCHEON CITY
Posting Period: 11 October 2018 - 31 December 2018