TITLE: Graphic Design Intern
DEADLINE OF APPLICATION: June 30, 2020
DUTY STATION: Incheon (Songdo)
The intern will work directly with the Programme Officer. The intern will assist APCICT’s advocacy and promotional activities to raise the Centre’s visibility. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Undertake design assignments for a variety of APCICT activities (e.g., conferences, events and campaigns, etc.)
- Help design various information materials, including publication covers, presentation templates, flyers, infographics and social media visuals;
- Provide assistance in shooting and editing film videos, mix sound and slideshows, if required;
- Assisting in checking the website for broken pages or pages that are inconsistent with the design of the website;
- Proposing new projects for the website and social media platforms and identifying opportunities to reach a wider audience;
- Assist in the organization and execution of special events to mark UN observances, or exhibitions;
- Initiate and carry out assigned tasks/special projects.
Applicants to the United Nations internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or
- have graduated with a university degree (first university degree, or second university degree or equivalent, or higher) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation.
The United Nations Core Competencies include:
- Communication: Ability to draft clearly and concisely, good written and oral language skills.
- Teamwork: Good interpersonal skills, ability to work collaboratively with colleagues from different national and cultural backgrounds to achieve organizational goals.
- Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be ‘clients’ and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view.
- Technological Awareness: Keeps abreast of available technology; understands applicability and limitation of technology to the work of the office; actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks; shows willingness to learn new technology.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. Fluency in spoken and written English is required for the internship.
About the internship
The Asian and Pacific Training Centre for Information and Communication Technology for Development (APCICT/ESCAP) internship is for 2 months with an opportunity for extension up to 6 months, pending on the needs of the department. Interns work five days per week (37.5 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned. The internship is UNPAID and fulltime.
For the complete details of the requirements and on how to apply for this position, you may visit the posting at https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=130038&Lang=en-US