To build the capacity of members and associate members of the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) through training programmes in the use of ICT for the purposes of sustainable socio-economic development.
- Statute of Establishment, Objective, Functions, Status and Organization, Governing Council, Director and Staff, Resources of the Centre, Amendments, Matters not covered by this Statute, and Entry into Force.
- Resolution adopted by the Commission at its Sixty-First Session: Establishment of the Asian and Pacific Training Centre for Information and Communication Technology for Development.
APCICT's mission is to build the capacity of members and associate members of ESCAP through training programmes in the use of ICT for the purposes of socio-economic development. In pursuance of this objective, UN-APCICT’s work is focused on three pillars:
Training. To enhance the knowledge and skills in ICT for policy makers and ICT professionals, and strengthen the capacity of ICT trainers and ICT training institutions;
- Research. To undertake analytical studies related to human resource development in ICT; and
- Advisory. To provide advisory services on human resource development programmes to member and associate members.
- Academy of ICT Essentials for Government Leaders (Academy) - An ICT for development (ICT4D) curriculum composed of 11 courses
- APCICT Virtual Academy (AVA) - An online distance learning platform
- e-Co Hub - An e-collaborative hub for knowledge sharing
- Digital Partneship Network (DPN)
- APCICT Turning Today's Youth into Tomorrow's Leaders Programme